Wednesday 17 July 2013

WOYWW

Happy Wednesday everyone - well what's left of it!
I am late posting this week.
I had two lovely crafting days with my daughter Maxine, here at home, on Monday and Tuesday.
Followed by today helping Annie play with the twins.
So, I am sorry to say WOYWW came last in my order of priorities!
BUT here I am ready to show and tell.....

 
Here is Max, already beetling away on my machine on Monday.
We were making our gorgeous little draught excluders using offcut furnishing fabric, leather flowers and vintage buttons, with just a flourish of hand embroidery here and there.
We had such a brilliant couple of days. We always get on really well and make a great team - she is good at the designing/colour combo side of things and I am there with the technical expertise - he he that sounds grand doesn't it!!! (Older + wiser, I think don't you?)
 
And here is my out door work table today!!...
 
 
 
These are just a few of our patchwork draught excluders waiting for their stuffing.
I know it's not likely that anyone will be thinking of buying draught excluders in this sub tropical weather but in a few weeks time I am sure the need might arise for some!
 
 
OK short and sweet and better late than never.
I will be round to check out a few desks later when I have had time to chill with a long cold drink.
Have a great week in this wonderfully sunny weather.
 
x Jo


17 comments:

Annie said...

If I'm only going to manage to call in on one desk tonight before I all asleep I thought it had better be yours :-)
Really love all the draft excluders in the making. Lets hope they sell well.
Hugs,
A x

Hettie said...

Great looking draft excluders there Jo. I hope it isn't too early that we need to use them...I have alot of windows to paint first!
Nice to have some crafting days.
Hugs
xx

Anne said...

Those draft excluders are going to be great and I am sure we will al be needing them in a few weeks. Anne x #69

glitterandglue said...

Love the draught excluders, Jo. Still 10 minutes of Wednesday left - so as you can see, there are still some of us up and going...so don't worry about a late post!
Have a lovely week.
Margaret #48

voodoo vixen said...

Love your draught excluders! Hope you have a bit more summer before peeps need them though... winter is plenty long enough already. Annette #8

Di said...

Hi there Jo - I wondered where you were hiding! Love the look of your draught excluders - although right now perhaps they ought to be drOught excluders :)

Belated Happy WOYWW!

Hugs, Di xx

JoZart Designs said...

Hi Jo, I didn't even post WOYWW this week, just too much on! Sounds like you and M had real fun and great results there.Super stuff.
Love Jo x

Unknown said...

So glad to see you on the list! I think a flourish of embroidery is always the perfect thing--love your stitching today! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #6

The Weaver of Grass said...

Ah yes, sadly draught excluders will be needed again before we know where we are.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love your draught excluders..they have such great colours and textures....very chic indeed :-)
Hugs, LLJ 46 xx

Helen said...

The draught excluders look fab, Jo! Hope you've cooled down a bit now - I know we shouldn't complain when we haven't seen the sun for so long but it's too much for me!! Enjoy your week. Helen 19

Neet said...

How lovely having a daughter that you can share doing things with. Glad you had two lovely days with her and then a day with your lovely sister.
How are you coping with the heat?
Hugs, neet (will measure pearls as best I can and thanks)
xx

ddazzled71 said...

Sounds like you have had a fun and busy week with the family and I love your gorgeous patchwork draught excluders. Happy WOYWW! Danie #34

Nan G said...

Love the draught excluders or as we would say, draft blockers. :) Happy WOYWW! Nan G #104 a bit late hopping

Vikki said...

Your draft blockers look lovely and I am sure they will be needed eventually. Sadly, I can't sew to save myself but it so nice to look at others creations. Vikki #95

Vikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
okienurse said...

Love the draft blockers...very nice colors and if I live closer I would come get the purple one. Prolly would cost a fortune to mail to Okie land though! Hopefully your good weather will hold on a while longer and give you time to make up more to sell. Have a great week. VIckie #121