Friday 12 March 2010

Shocking pink!


Is that what we still call that luscious, bright, fuchsia pink colour?

Well anyway - that's the colour of the satin that I decided to use to make the book cover for M's bright red/orange/pink dumfed fabric.

I thought a loose slip-over cover would be the best design because then it is re -usable on any A5 journal.


The book we used has plain paper pages and a stripey red cover, so it matched nicely. The cover certainly turns a plain book into something special - quite sumptuous in fact!

I will take it to show M when we go out for Mother's Day lunch on Sunday and then probably pop it in the blog shop on fun day Monday.

7 comments:

Annie said...

That's really lovely Twiglet. I'm sure that will bring a bit of cheer into a really dull gloomy day.
A x

mckinkle said...

What a lovely cover, my DD2 would love this as hot pink and coral are her fav colours!

Keryn x

bayou said...

This colour is uplifting but not shocking. You never run out of ideas, do you?! It's always inspiring here, Twiglet!

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

ooh very pretty, i love that colour xx

Gez Butterworth said...

OOOooOh it's gorgeous. :)

Gez.xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh how yummy. Colour. So good for the soul!

Annie said...

If you would like to check out my blog there is a much deserved award waiting for you there.
A x